Friday, June 26, 2009

Oh, how I love food blogs...



Here is one thing most people do not know about me. I love food blogs. Love. Them.


I could spend hours reading recipes and drooling over pictures of French Breakfast Puffs, Caramel Walnut Upside-down Banana Cake, Onion Strings, Challah and The Best Chicken Pot Pie.


As I read, I go over the entire process in my mind and practically want to lick the computer screen!! I have tried many things. Whole wheat tortillas, Amazing BBQ Meatballs, Cowboy Beans, cakes, muffins, breads, cookies, soups, etc....it is all so good!


So I thought I would share my top five favorite recipes sites (not in any particular order).


1. www.thepioneerwoman.com/cooking - She is sassy, down-to-earth and cooks a lot of "cowboy food." The photo above is from her site. Thanks PW!

2. http://www.bakerella.com/ - She is an amazing artist with food and quite the cupcake and cake decorator.

3. http://www.smittenkitchen.com/ - I am new to her blog, but amazed by her photography. She uses more "uppity" ingredients and reads "gourmet"...and I love learning from her.

4. http://www.tammysrecipes.com/ - Simple, nourishing and good home-cooked recipes. Plus a few things you wouldn't expect (like homemade pepperoni)

5. www.passionatehomemaking.com/recipe-index - Some new ingredients, but almost all recipes are whole foods, or whole wheat based. Very healthy and the best Tortilla and Pizza dough recipes - ever!


There you have it. Now go devour your own creations.


Also: if you need a laugh, check out http://www.cakewrecks.com/. Some people should leave the decorating to a professional...oh, wait. They were....ouch.


A.

2 comments:

Cadle Clan said...

Carey has found me many times "licking" the computer screen......I totally understand the obsession!

Levi and Amanda said...

I love food blogs, too! I could spend hours pouring over all the cool recipes! I've spent a lot of time cooking from scratch since we got to Wyoming and I have so much fun trying out all the recipes. So fun! I love Bakerella and the cute ideas she comes up with! I quite like www.joythebaker.com Yummy recipes!