Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hi Mom! *waving*

I just got off the phone with my mom. After telling her about some of the finished projects around here she exclaimed "You have to blog them!" So sorry if this is boring to any of you. This one's for my mom. :)




Also it's a little late (10:56pm) and I'm not tired. It could be the open package of M&M's sitting next to me, but I digress.




TANGENT ALERT! Why is it when you are eating both plain and peanut M&Ms out of a bag - you feel a little disappointed to get a plain M&M instead of a delicious peanut M&M. However, when there are plain M&Ms in your chocolate chip cookies - you jump for joy!? And if you were to have a peanut M&M chocolate Chip cookie - you would look at it feeling overwhelmed about the big boulders in your cookies?

*rustles in M&M bag* Ugh. Plain.


Back to my post!
Below is a picture from Pottery Barn kids. I love this room. Especially the curtains! But, I did not have $59.00 plus shipping for them. So I did what every blog copier does...
I saw it. I wanted it. I copied it.

BEFORE: This is the charming window treatment gracing Aubrey's window as of late. It is a tan fleece blanket hanging onto the pole for dear life. I had to keep the light out of her room somehow!...


MORE BEFORE: Or maybe I was just hiding this beautiful disappointment of a sheer curtain-thing. Yes, I can make bread from scratch and sing soprano (kinda)...but I cannot measure windows.



AFTER: Finally! I found some light green fabric on sale at Joann's for $3/yard and a Blackout Panel from Big Lots for $10.00. Total cost: $20.00.
I now just let them hang like in the PB picture. I'm not sure about the pink ties.
I hear some snickering from lurkers. What? Your daughter doesn't have an electronic drum set in her room?


Also, Mom. (You're still here, right mom?) Here is the wall finished with the frames. Vinyl from Joann's (where else?). Just need some other things to fill in the white spaces. Will work on that.
Finally, if my 23 month old niece, Lily, learns how to navigate the computer and suddenly happens to come across my blog - I apologize in advance for spoiling your birthday present! Just wanted Grandma to see the reversible jumper I made for you.

That's it! Love you, mom!
A.

4 comments:

Cadle Clan said...

That is a lot of work...love the window treatments, love the jumper, love the pictures....love to copy others! Way to go!

grandma of two cutie pie girls said...

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!! I love everything.. You are such a cleaver girl. You would really make your Great Grandma Mocabee proud !She taught and encouraged me to sew, I taught you and look what you are doing!! FANTASTIC.. I hope your blogging friends love it as much as I do.

grandma of two cutie pie girls said...

I love you too honey. The picture wall is just sooooo beautiful!!!

Chelsy said...

It all looks great! Good job. I love the picture frame wall. And the curtains and the nightstand look awesome!